Time: 2 hours
Skills: Level 21 Firemaking, Level 50 Agility, Level 60 Thieving, Level 60 Strength
- 7000 Agility Experience
- 7000 Prayer Experience
- 7000 Strength Experience
- 7000 Thieving Experience
- Ability to craft an enchanted water tiara
- Access to an optional task which unlocks the ability to sell noted ivory, pottery and stone items from Pyramid Plunder to Simon Templeton.
Quest points gained upon completion: 1
Tips, tricks & notes:
- 'Distressing' an item to make it Ancient requires Level 60 Crafting. Should you lack this skill, you can bring the items to Kerner, Abigail's assistant, as well as a bucket of dung. You will only need one bucket of dung to distress as many items as you wish.
- While on the plateau with Abigail, you can head west, over a low wall, and attach a rope to the rock. This allows you to use that as a shortcut between the southeastern corner of the Agility Pyramid and the plateau at any point later, but remember that you're going to have to walk through a crowd of Mummies (Level 125) known to hit up to 240 damage.
- The furnace can be stoked with any log, however the required firemaking level for each log is 20 levels higher than normal. There is no confirmed difference between using any log, but it is suspected that a higher level log will make each lever easier to deal with.
- The Mysterious Box can always be solved with a maximum of 24 tries (requiring only one manipulation of the cog, pinion, or button) by checking unique sets of three for 12 tries and writing down what each rune is. After doing this, you can simply match the sets of each rune by referring to what you recorded.
- After the quest, you can make an enchanted water tiara by using water runes with a water tiara. Every three runes used with the tiara will give it one charge, which replaces one drink from a waterskin in the desert. There is no known limit on the charges a water tiara can receive. You may have only one enchanted water tiara at a time, and if you destroy it, a water tiara and the proper number of water runes for how many charges it had left will be dropped to the ground below you.
- During the quest Simon Templeton offers some new dialogue options. If you ask about an extra job, he will ask you to speak to the Pyramid Plunder Guardian Mummy. Go talk to the mummy, get a refusal, then return to Simon. Despite this failure, he will now accept noted pottery, stone and ivory trinkets. However, he will not accept gold trinkets if they are noted.
- Abigail pays a reward of 10K gp to players who continue on and completely fill their Scabarite Research notebook. It takes around 20 pages, they are not a common drop, and it is possible to get duplicates.